Monday 4 March 2013

Get out of here, Stalker

Lately I've been wasting my time doing another replay of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl, which is probably my favourite game. This time with the L.U.R.K mod, which I believe was a project led by /v/ of all things. Naturally the team fell apart, but not before getting a v1.1 out which aside from being absolutely gorgeous, rebalances a whole bunch of things and really brings out the best in the game (though some may disagree).
 
There's a controller just outside that door. 
What the fuck have amusingly bad Russian accents, artefacts and downright horrifying experimental laboratories got to do with music you might ask?

Not a whole lot.

But, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was heavily based off a novel called Roadside Picnic. And loosely based off that book was a film called Stalker (it's not too bad). The '79 film inspired a dark ambience album, aptly titled 'Stalker' by Robert Rich & B. Lustmord. At 68 minutes length, the 7-song album is very slow and atmospheric, as one would expect from the genre. Not being an expert on ambient music myself, I can't really say how it stacks up on its own merits. But I can say that having it on repeat in lieu of the BGM while playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R all day today made for a really good experience. The album would also probably go well with most other survival-horror games, or just as something to make a late-night walk that little bit more interesting.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7kc23d3997afsij (MP3 V0)

3 comments:

  1. This could be interesting, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link dose not work for me, would be glad if you can update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still works for me, and mediafire isn't blocking it. I think it may be your end.

      Delete