Wednesday 12 June 2013

Fresh blood

Hey guys, sorry for the delay between posts, things should be picking up soon™ due to a couple of reasons, the biggest of which I'm making this post for. There's also going to be some music (as always), so let's hop to it: I'm sure at least a few of you will know of Lawrell, a good friend and old regular of my streams who is now doing his own streams as the best DJ for Eden radio. Our tastes are almost identical, so it makes sense to me to invite him on board as a new contributor for this blog. I plan on co-operating with him very closely from here on, and I hope that this change will improve the breadth, quality and frequency of posts. I'll leave the rest of this post after the break in his hands.

Hello, I'm Lawrell. I stream music very similar to Eggmun's (maybe a bit too similar) to Eggmun's for Eden radio (you can google that) on Saturdays at 4 PM EST. I feel terrible for posting this, as terrible as Eggmun for having both a twitter and a blog but you can follow me @DJ_Lawrell for streaming times and more info.
But enough about Eden, let me tell you what I'll contribute to this blog. As Eggmun mentioned, I have very similar tastes to his, you could even say that most of what I listen to today derives from his tastes. However, I listen to a more jazz, downtempo, and generally very relaxing tunes. Eggmun's tastes are more eclectic, but I have focused a more on relaxing music over these past 2 or 3 years, so you can expect me to post some truly sip-inducing albums here.
From now on, I'll be collaborating with Eggmun for album suggestions. I will send him what I think is good, he will listen to it and we will come to an agreement, and vice versa. I hope to be up to your expectations, expect a post from me this week!


This week's recommendations:


Eggmun: My album I'm posting isn't anything particularly new, but it does deserve revisiting. It has been 8 days short of a year since I uploaded this, and it has gone largely unappreciated given that it is what I consider to be the best touhou piano arrange album out there. I'm very big on Marasy, and I'm fond of TAM and AssaultDoor, but Unknown Dimension's M3-24 release 紅魔館にピアノなんかあったっけ? (koumakan ni piano nanka attakke? - There was a piano in scarlet devil mansion?) arranges with such feeling, it's really quite spectacular. I won't say any more - it's a short album and you'll soon find out why I love it so.

Lawrell: The album I'm recommending for this post is in the same vein as Eggmun's, but the general mood is very different. This album is a lot livelier than the one linked above, not that it's bad, on the contrary. This is no surprise considering that there are 3 arrangers on it - sometimes all playing at the same time. You may know the arrangers in question, Marasy, Akai Ryu-sei (arranger for Tokyo Active NEETs), and H ZETT M (I actually have no idea who this is, but if the tags are to be trusted, he arranged the medley on the last track, which is definitely no small feat). Just as the arrangements on 紅魔館にピアノなんかあったっけ? are full of feeling, the arrangements on 3D-PIANO ANIME Theater! are full of energy. Expect to tap your feet while listening to it.


紅魔館にピアノなんかあったっけ?
3D-PIANO ANIME Theater!

6 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that you are both collaborating.Now let's get some music going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, my two favorite DJs filling me up with their music. This couldn't be better. Though I feel kind of dirty for listening to touhou music while having barely played the games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more collaborations please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've said that there would be a new post from me last week, but I promise there will be one today or tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is pretty epic.

    Also, thank you so much for uploading these, I've had a hard time finding them after Eggmun streamed some of the tracks recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to email me at eggmun@r-a-d.io if you're interested in finding songs I stream or want me to make a particular post about something - it virtually gets no traffic so I'll be sure to see it and reply.

      Delete